As a breeder who uses the services of the worldwide Bengal cat’s breeder directory,
- I believe breeding purebred cats involves certain responsibilities, which I take very seriously.
- I will maintain high standards of health and care for my cats and provide for each animal in my care an environment which meets their psychological, physical and emotional needs. This includes correct nutrition, adequate living conditions, appropriate veterinary attention if and when required and proper bedding.
- I will encourage and promote responsible pet ownership. I will strive to educate prospective owners about the responsibilities of cat ownership and about the Bengal Cat, its care requirements and needs, as well as potential hereditary defects found in the breed.
- I will undertake rigorous assessment and screening of all potential kitten purchasers as to their suitability as owners and their ability to raise, love and maintain a Bengal Cat for its lifetime.
- I will maintain an interest in all animals which I sell and arrange for the return/placement of an animal of my breeding which is no longer wanted or in need.
- I will assure that every animal produced has the necessary temperament to make it a suitable companion animal.
- I will not, to the best of my knowledge and ability, without prior disclosure, sell any kitten/cat that is sick, has temperament issues or has been exposed to an infectious disease.
- I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of the sale and I will abide by my own sales agreement.
- I will provide the new owner with ongoing assistance and support with problems that may arise.
- I will refrain from releasing any kitten until it is the minimum age as required by my state’s law.
- I will make sure my cats/kittens will not be sold to retailers, cat wholesalers or pet shops.
[highlight color=”orange”]Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from the Bengal Cats directory.[/highlight]