Does anyone else's Bengal pee everywhere…….?

Home Forums Behaviour Does anyone else's Bengal pee everywhere…….?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shauna Fullwood
      Participant

We have two Bengal kittens about 6 months old our male is constantly peeing everywhere, they are both desexed and have 4 litter trays through out the house.
      Anyone else have this problem or got advise….???

Megan Varney
      Participant

I have a one year old female Bengal who pees on my laundry and in my dresser drawers if I leave them open. I was recently told that the wilder the breed of cat they more pee issues they have. At the time I got the Bengal there was another cat already in the house. She is gone now and the peeing seems to have subsided. I am not sure but I think it’s a territorial thing even if they are desexed. No advice but I feel your pain my friend.

Laurent Jaccard
      Participant

Does she go outside? I have a friend that made an outdoor enclosure for her 3 year old male who was peeing all over her house. It solved the problem.
      Keep us updated!
      Best of luck!

Teresa032323
        Participant

My Bengal can go outside whenever he wants through his Cat door. He only stays in my fenced in backyard, he is walked on a leash and these help tremendously. He refuses to use a litter box but maybe once every 6 months and I’ve tried every litter & litter box known to man in the last 6 years. However…mine is very territorial. He also retaliates. If I don’t feed him in time When he’s howling at me…he will spray and that’s just one example. After I had him about 9 months I got very ill and was home daily except when I went in for chemo or doctor appointments. One evening when I had some stamina I went to my Sisters for 3-4 hours. Came home and he had urinated all over the dining room floor! He was the only animal in my home at the time. I now have two dogs, my Bengal and another domestic female cat all rescues. My Bengal & the domestic barely tolerate each other. The dogs are afraid of the Bengal (🙂). I go to great lengths to keep my Bengal happy, he has a safe eating place where no other animal can take his food, etc. it can be a lot of work. We have been to the vet and had all kinds of tests (he does have a hyperactive thyroid & is on medication). He is now destroying my home by urniating/spraying more often than not. I’m to the point I can’t let anyone into my home and I’m at the end of my rope. I don’t know what to do anymore. Anyone have a suggestion??

Neicie Marie K
      Participant

FIRST THING…IS HE NEUTURED?…IF NOT THATS A PROBLEM…ALSO BY YOU LETTING HIM GO OUTSIDE AT WILL HE SEE,S YOUR HOUSE AS PART OF HIS OUTSIDE….I WOULD SHUT THE KITTY DOOR…IT MAY SOUND MEAN…BUT ITS EAITHER THAT OR HAVE A HOUSE THAT SMELLS LIKE A CAT BOX…..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.