Bambam

Home Forums Introductions Bambam

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Moon Lily
      Participant

Meet bambam my first and only bengal at the moment. I live on the eastern shore a few minuets away from the Delaware boarder. Now my dad had called from work asking if i knew anyone who wanted a cat since the owner couldn’t kewp him. I told my mom and she beg my father for him so we could have a playmate for our elder cat spazz. Well we get him on the day hurricane sandy had hit. It was the day that i found out he was a bengal.
      Well his old owner had told us we would be his forth home in the two yeara of his home and that one of his many owners had declawed him which we are against. She also told us that he was very vocal.
      Mom and dad brought him home and he instabtl hid in our parents room. Me being the touchy feeling type wanted to pet him and went running after him. I sat with him for a few hour petting him and loving him. He doesn’t like our dog midnight though he coming around by using her claws to rub his face. But that first night i kicked him from my room he was very vocal and soon to find out it was the reason they gave him up. I love it when he yells no and he allows me and only me to pick him up rolling him on his back petting his stomach. He hates when im at work or leave the house he drives my parents insane but he sleeps with me and he loves meat espically tuna. But he keeps throwing up any ideas? We usw friskeys and the other cats can keep it down.

Laurent Jaccard
      Participant

Hi moon lily!
      I’m happy to hear that you and Bambam have a good relationship! Well first off, let’s talk about the vocal part; it could be seperation axioty, stress or abandonment issues. The mental health of a cat is a very fragile thing. It doesn’t take much to cause emotional damage. Seeing as he has had many homes—it could be the root of the problem. If so, you can only give him time and lots of love. A good trick to use if he cries a lot during the night is warm up some butter to a liquid form and put some on all 4 paws and tale. He will be busy all night clerning himself and too tired to keep you up. Another trick is a catnip sock; you put catnip inside a sock and tie a knot at the bottom and give it to him. He will bun out his energy trying to rip the sock apart and sleep most of the night. As per the vomiting, that’s not a good sign. Do you only give him wet food? Dry food? A combination of both? Do you know what he was eating before? Do you know if he was doing that before? If it’s been more than about 2 or 3 days I would suggest you take him to the vet. It could be a combination of things.
      I hope this helps please keep us posted!
      Tanya

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.