Looking for the Best Cat Treats for Sensitive Stomach? Every cat deserves a tasty treat now and then, but for felines with delicate tummies, choosing the right one is crucial. This article dives deep into the world of cat treats specially formulated for cats with sensitive stomachs. We’ve researched and compiled a list of top picks to ensure your furry friend gets a delicious reward without any tummy troubles.
1. Shameless Pets Crunchy Cat Treats – Catnip Treats
The Shameless Pets Crunchy Cat Treats (Catnip N Chill) are a healthy and flavorful snack option for cats. Made with real chicken and other natural ingredients like sweet potatoes and catnip, these star-shaped treats are packed with pre and probiotics to support digestion. They are low in calories and free from corn and soy, making them suitable for cats of all ages and sizes. Additionally, the treats are upcycled from imperfect sweet potatoes, helping to reduce food waste. Proudly made in the USA, these treats are created with nutrition and sustainability in mind.
2. Get Naked 1 Pouch Furball Relief Soft Treats For Cats
The Get Naked Furball Relief Soft Treats for Cats is a product designed to support a cat’s healthy digestion. Each pouch contains 2.5 ounces of grain-free and natural treats that are made with real chicken and also include added taurine. These treats are low in calories, with less than 3 calories per treat, and they are free of wheat, corn, and soy to cater to cats with potential allergies or sensitivities. Additionally, the treats are enriched with Ganaden Bc30 Probiotics to promote optimal digestive health.
3. Whole Life Pet Living Treats for Cats
Whole Life Pet Living Treats for Cats are a blend of chicken and yogurt that promote a healthy gut in cats. The treats are made with pure human-grade ingredients and contain no preservatives, chemicals, salts, or artificial flavors. They also include probiotics to aid in digestion and are made in the USA, sourced, and processed in small, fresh batches daily.
4. SeaMeal Squeeze Chicken Lickable Cat Treats
SeaMeal Squeeze Chicken Lickable Cat Treats with Seaweed for Skin & Coat is a natural and holistic wet cat treat that offers various health benefits. The treat is made with fiber-rich seaweed, which promotes digestive gut health, and flaxseed, which supports healthy skin and coat. It also contains antioxidants for immune support and is free of artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Overall, it provides a flavorful and nutritious option for cats while helping to promote their overall well-being.
5. Nulo Digestive Health Functional Treats Grain-Free
Nulo Digestive Health Functional Treats are grain-free cat treats that are low in calories, making them a healthy reward option. These treats are easy to digest, containing high-quality protein as the main ingredient. They also include natural fibers from miscanthus grass and tasty fruits, supporting normal digestive function. Additionally, these treats contain prebiotics and probiotics to promote overall gut health. Manufactured in the USA, Nulo Digestive Health Functional Treats are free from corn, wheat, gluten, soy, and artificial preservatives, colors, or flavoring.
6. Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Boost Mixers Grain-Free
The Instinct Freeze Dried Raw Boost Mixers Grain Free Digestive Health Recipe is a cat food topper made with responsibly sourced cage-free chicken as the main ingredient. It also includes natural and functional ingredients like pumpkin, sweet potato, and probiotics to support gut health. This grain-free cat food mixer is made without artificial colors or preservatives and is freeze-dried to retain nutrients and flavor. Instinct is a brand that focuses on crafting pet food with real ingredients inspired by raw feeding.
What Should I Look for When Purchasing Cat Treats for a Sensitive Stomach?
When purchasing cat treats for a sensitive stomach, there are several key considerations to keep in mind:
- Simple Ingredients: Look for treats with a short list of recognizable ingredients. Avoid treats with artificial additives, fillers, or excessive spices.
- High-Quality Protein: Ensure the main ingredient is a high-quality protein source that’s easily digestible, such as chicken, turkey, or rabbit.
- No Common Allergens: Avoid treats containing common allergens like dairy, wheat, corn, and soy, which can exacerbate stomach sensitivity.
- Grain-Free Options: Some cats with sensitive stomachs do better with grain-free treats, though this isn’t universally true for all cats.
- Natural Preservatives or None: Avoid treats with artificial preservatives. Opt for those preserved with natural methods or ingredients like vitamin E or rosemary extract.
- Positive Reviews: Check customer reviews to see if other cat owners have found the treats effective for their cats with similar issues.
- Consultation with a Vet: Before introducing any new treat or food to your cat’s diet, especially if they have known sensitivities, it’s wise to consult with your veterinarian for recommendations tailored to your pet’s specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cat Treats for a Sensitive Stomach
1. What are the signs my cat has a sensitive stomach?
Cats with sensitive stomachs may exhibit symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, excessive gas, or difficulty eating. Regular vet check-ups can help diagnose and manage these symptoms, ensuring your cat receives the right diet for their needs.
2. Are grain-free treats always better for sensitive stomachs?
Not always. While some cats may benefit from a grain-free diet, others may not have issues with grains. It’s crucial to identify specific allergies or sensitivities your cat has before making dietary changes.
3. How can I identify the best treats for my sensitive stomach cat?
Opt for treats with limited, natural ingredients and high-quality proteins. Avoid artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, and consult your vet for personalized recommendations.
4. Can treats for sensitive stomachs still be flavorful and appealing to my cat?
Absolutely! Many high-quality treats are made with delicious, natural ingredients that are both tasty and gentle on your cat’s digestive system.
5. Should I avoid certain ingredients in treats for my sensitive stomach cat?
Yes, avoid treats containing common allergens like dairy, wheat, corn, and soy, as well as artificial additives and fillers.
6. Is it necessary to consult a vet before changing my cat’s treats?
It’s always a good idea to consult your vet for personalized advice, ensuring the treats are suitable for your cat’s specific dietary needs and health conditions.
7. How often should I give my sensitive stomach cat treats?
Moderation is key. Even the gentlest treats should not constitute more than 10% of your cat’s daily caloric intake. Monitor your cat for any adverse reactions each time you introduce a new treat.
8. Can homemade treats be a good option for sensitive stomach cats?
Homemade treats allow you to control the ingredients, making them a good option. However, ensure the recipe is balanced and suitable for cats, and get your vet’s approval.
9. Can sensitive stomach treats help improve my cat’s digestive health?
Quality treats formulated for sensitive stomachs can certainly support digestive health by avoiding irritants, but they are not a cure for underlying health issues.
10. Are there hypoallergenic cat treats available?
Yes, there are hypoallergenic treatment options specifically formulated to minimize allergen exposure, which can be particularly beneficial for cats with food allergies or sensitivities.
Final Summary: The Best Cat Treats for Sensitive Stomach
In this article, we reviewed the Best Cat Treats for Sensitive Stomachs. Selecting the right treat for a cat with a sensitive stomach is vital to ensure they enjoys their reward without any digestive discomfort. We hope our recommendations help you find a suitable option that your feline friend will love and benefit from. Always remember to introduce any new treats gradually and monitor your cat’s reactions to ensure their well-being.